Thursday, June 16, 2005

LATEST SNAPPER REACTION

The following is the latest SNAPPER reaction via the TECH BO FORUMS.

I watched "Snapper" recently and laughed rather a lot. There were two great gags in there. The first was where the two gentlemen are fishing and the one says, "My god. That was a good cast." It sounded so sincere, as though commenting on that cast was more important than ANYthing he could have been talking about.

"I think I hit my nuts on a rock" was a great line. I don't know that I've ever heard that particular collection of words in that order before. It was an interesting twist on a cliche line. "A rock hit my nuts" would be commonplace, even boring, one might say, "Bob Sagetesque"; but by simply twisting the order of the words, you've brought new life into that joke. Also the delivery and the timing were spectacular, as though it were scripted and rehearsed.

One final thought, it pays to be really fried when you watch it.

ASTROCOMICAL